In case y’all are still wonderin’ what this site and southern belles are all about, I’ve decided to let precious Lauren Alaina explain it a little more. Here’s some important points y’all better be fixin’ to take away from this song:
- Be as sweet as your mama’s tea.
- Wear your short shorts when you’re in the summer heat, but don’t be lookin’ like a hooch, y’all.
- Show some of that famous southern hospitality to everyone y’all meet.
- If y’all haven’t ever listened to country music, bless your hearts. Start with some Alan Jackson and Jason Aldean. (We’ll learn more about southern hymns later.)
- Y’all can’t be afraid of a little dirt. A lot of southern belles grew up on dirt roads.
- Y’all can’t be runnin’ late for church, now.
- Don’t be cursin’. The only time this is somewhat appropriate is when a Georgia Southern football coach leaves/gets fired, another Georgia player is arrested and kicked off the team, or Tech’s 2009 ACC Championship loss is brought up.
- If y’all don’t have a ring on your left hand yet, dance and flirt your little hearts out.
- Other than wearin’ short shorts and sippin’ on sweet tea and lemonade, the best way to stay cool in the southern heat is by jumpin’ in the swimmin’ hole.